about the Artist
Lizzy Marella is an 18-year-old singer-songwriter based in the Boston area. She started singing at age 7, and she taught herself piano and guitar when she was 8. By age 9, she had begun writing original music. After writing and performing in jazz ensembles throughout middle school, Lizzy was accepted to Interlochen Arts Academy's Singer-Songwriter program and spent four years there, perfecting her craft. She then attended Berklee College of Music in the fall of 2017.
Lizzy Marella writes and performs pop music with R&B and jazz influences. She has a distinct and appealing sound that cannot be easily compared to other artists. Lizzy writes songs from her own experiences, but also the experiences of those closest to her. Her descriptive lyrical style allows her work to resonate with all who hear it. Many would argue that she is just as much of a poet as she is a songwriter.
"Lizzy is one of the most talented and imaginative singer/songwriters that we've come across, regardless of age. And her voice has a timeless power and resonance that belies her years." - Brian Coombes, Rocking Horse Studios
Awards and achievements
- Winner of the New England Radar Awards - 2015
- Nominated for "Best New Act of the Year" by the New England Music Awards - 2015
- YoungArts Merit Winner in Voice/Singer-Songwriter - 2016, 2017
Music in Film
- Her original song "Burn" is featured in the documentary "Lives Well Lived" - 2016
- Her original song "Spaces" is featured in the independent film "Lazurus Rising" - 2015