about the Artist
Lizzy Marella is an 18-year-old singer-songwriter based in the Boston area. She started singing at age 7, and she taught herself piano and guitar when she was 8. By age 9, she had begun writing original music. After writing and performing in jazz ensembles throughout middle school, Lizzy was accepted to Interlochen Arts Academy's Singer-Songwriter program and has spent the past four years there, perfecting her craft. She will be attending the world-renowned Berklee College of Music in the fall of 2017.
Lizzy Marella writes and performs Pop/R&B music. She is influenced by Corinne Bailey Rae, Amy Winehouse, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Ocean, and Ariana Grande.
"Lizzy is one of the most talented and imaginative singer/songwriters that we've come across, regardless of age. And her voice has a timeless power and resonance that belies her years." - Brian Coombes, Rocking Horse Studios
Awards and achievements
- Winner of the New England Radar Awards - 2015
- Nominated for "Best New Act of the Year" by the New England Music Awards - 2015
- YoungArts Merit Winner in Voice/Singer-Songwriter - 2016, 2017
Music in Film
- Her original song "Burn" is featured in the documentary "Lives Well Lived" - 2016
- Her original song "Spaces" is featured in the independent film "Lazurus Rising" - 2015